spanish digital nomad visa requirements


What are the requirements to apply for a Spanish digital nomad visa?


Achieving the dream of becoming a digital nomad in Spain post Brexit is a matter of being organised and ticking requirements off the list. The Spanish consulates in the UK provide an exhaustive Spanish Digital Nomad Visa documents checklist and requirements in their websites to help you prepare your application. 


Some of the supporting documentation includes:


1. An ACRO police certificate, duly apostilled (legalised) and translated (please email me for a quote). This document is valid for 6 months.

2. A certificate of good standing or of incorporation from Companies House (also needs to be apostilled and translated)

 3. An S1 (that you would need to register online) and A1 certificate or proof or registration with the Spanish Seguridad Social, whichever applies to you.

 4. A university degree (apostille and translation needed) or a CV if you do not have a degree

 5. Proof of residence in the UK in the area covered by the consulate from which you are applying.

6. Proof of financial means (i.e bank statements, which do not need to be legalised nor translated). The consulates may request additional documents on top of your bank statements.


And a few more pieces of paperwork. It is very important that you read the requirements carefully and get in touch with the consulate if you have any questions.


 You may choose to engage with an specialist solicitor or company in the field of Spanish Digital Nomad Visas. Don't be shy and ask them about their experience and success rate before making any decisions. Public notaries, apostilles services, so called "consular" services are mostly unable to help. The same applies to translators, we only provide you with language services, but a few of us are professional and experienced enough to offer a bit of informal advice.


Your application will be resolved rather quickly, compared to a non lucrative visa. 


(Disclaimer: this information has been obtained from the consulate's website and customer experiences. This information cannot be deemed legal advice, just a bit of guidance from what I know).